Philadelphia Product Liability Attorneys
Billions Won by Our Record-Setting Attorneys
The Beasley Firm is a nationally-renowned and experienced law firm committed to securing compensation for those injured by defective or dangerous products. Our Philadelphia product liability attorneys have successfully represented clients in Pennsylvania and nationwide with our thorough, robust, and highly-detailed approach to case preparation and trial law. Since our founding in 1958, The Beasley Firm has been awarded over $2 billion on behalf of our clients.
Call (215) 866-2424 for a free, confidential consultation. Our firm never takes a fee unless you win your case, so find out if you have a right to compensation by contacting our Philadelphia product liability lawyers today!
Our Firm's Accomplishments in Product Liability
Our experience with product liability has made us leading litigators on a state and national level. In 1984, The Beasley Firm received the highest-ever verdict against an aviation company at the time in the amount of $29 million against the Cessna aircraft company. Jim Beasley demonstrated that 175,000 airplanes had been manufactured by Cessna with a defective pilot seat, which killed pilot Keith Harper. We have demanded that manufacturers make safer products by sending the message that safety should never be an option, but a requirement. Consumer safety should never be sacrificed for corporate and manufacturers' profitability.
Other accomplishments at The Beasley Firm include:
- The two largest verdicts in Pennsylvania history ($907 million & $104 million)
- More than 300 verdicts & settlements of $1 million or larger
- Millions won against manufacturers in product liability cases
- Firm-wide inclusion in the Pennsylvania Super Lawyers® list
- Selection to Best Law Firms in America from U.S. News
Profits Before Consumer Safety: Accountability for the Unacceptable
When you buy a product, you have every right to assume that the product should be safe and fit for normal and ordinary use. Too many times, however, major corporations place the interests of maximizing profitability over consumer safety. In some instances, this happens even after product recalls continue to market the dangerous and defective product.
Unfortunately, many people have been killed or catastrophically injured due to dangerous products when the manufacturer knew, or should have known, of the danger and failed to remove the defective product from the stream of commerce. If a dangerous or defective product has harmed you or killed your loved one, our product liability firm in Philadelphia can investigate what caused the injuries and which parties are responsible under the law.
The legendary and experienced team at The Beasley Firm works with investigators and experts to recover compensation for injuries, pain and suffering, lost income, and medical expenses to hold the wrongdoers responsible. Product liability cases present some of the most complex and challenging cases for many lawyers to handle and require a great deal of experience and expertise. Thankfully, our firm has offered a high level of insight into these cases since our establishment in 1958.
Types of Product Liability Claims
Product liability claims typically fall within three categories:
- Manufacturing defects: When a product is manufactured, it must be ensured that all parts are secured correctly and everything is safe. If pieces are not in place, they can pose a potential threat to a consumer’s health. For example, if a children’s toy does not have the pieces connected correctly, a small part can become dislodged, potentially resulting in a choking hazard.
- Design defects: During the design phase of production, the manufacturer must ensure that if a product has a dangerous element, the design prevents the consumer from getting hurt when using the product correctly. For instance, having a product with a sharp edge without some sort of guard or handle.
- Failure to warn: If a product has a potential hazard, the manufacturer should provide an accompanying warning that lets the consumer know of the danger. If there is no warning or instructions for proper use, any injury caused by the dangerous products may be considered the responsibility of the manufacturer.
Our Philadelphia product liability lawyer would have to demonstrate that the defect cause the plaintiff's injuries. This often requires expensive and complex engineering, accident reconstruction, and diligent investigation. It is also important for the plaintiff to demonstrate that the product was used in a reasonable manner.
Legendary Defective Product Case Results
The Beasley Firm have a legendary record of success prosecuting claims on behalf of catastrophically injured and deceased consumers against some of the world's largest corporations. Our thorough approach to case preparation means we leave no stone unturned-when your life and future are on the line, we are the attorneys who invest all of our resources and skills in order to protect you and your family. We often invest hundreds of thousands of dollars into our investigations in order to maximize your chance at recovering the finances you need for medical treatment, long-term care, lost wages, and more.
Our experienced Philadelphia product liability lawyers have handled the following types of defective product claims against manufacturers:
- 15-passenger van rollovers
- Ford Explorer rollovers
- Airbag defects
- Commercial truck defects
- Tire defects
- Defective fuel systems
- Defective guns and ammunition
- Helmet failures
- Seat belt failure
- Pharmaceutical recalls
- Stevens Johnson Syndrome
- Product recalls
- Flammable clothing and products
- Lawnmower injuries
- Dangerous medical devices
- Defective household products
- Defective child and baby car seats
If you or a loved one has been seriously injured or killed by a defective product, you should immediately preserve the product and contact the Pennsylvania defective product and product liability lawyers at our firm for a free consultation.
Our legendary Philadelphia trial attorneys have been awarded over $2 billion for clients and have been representing consumers throughout America since 1958.
Our record of success speaks for itself and can be explored in greater detail on our website. For a free, no obligation consultation, contact us online or at (215) 866-2424.