Philadelphia Burn Injury Attorneys
More Than 60 years of History. Over $2 Billion Secured.
Each year, more than 1 million people are seriously burned and over 3,500 of them fatally injured as a result of an explosion, fire, chemical spill, or another incident. According to the National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health, one-quarter of all serious burn accident injuries happen as a result of occupational or work-related accidents. Workers in agriculture, food services, roofing, electrical, chemical, and energy industries are at a higher risk of being burned or electrocuted.
At The Beasley Firm, our Philadelphia lawyers have extensive experience in litigating burn injury cases. We know intimately how to investigate the causes of explosions in homes or businesses, what the OSHA safety standards require of construction sites, and how to prove a defective or recalled product caused or accelerated a fire. We also know the medicine involved – like how subsequent infections, and not the initial burn, are what threaten burn victims the most – and how to convey that to a jury to ensure our clients obtain full and fair compensation.
Since 1958, our firm has been known for our effectiveness and our ability to get results. We have:
- Won the state’s first million-dollar verdict
- Secured the largest personal injury verdict in Pennsylvania
- More than 300 verdicts & settlements larger than $1 million
- Obtained more than $2 billion for injury victims in Philadelphia and beyond
Call (215) 866-2424 to speak with us a free, no obligation case consultation. We want to help you determine if you have a case and how we can help-and we never take a fee unless you win in court.
Types of Burns
The types of burns sustained vary depending on the source. They can include:
- Thermal burns: These typically derive from explosions, any type of flame, scalding liquids, or direct contact with any hot material.
- Chemical burns: When acidic or alkali substances contact skin, it can cause a burn that requires special care.
- Radiological burns: These occur when the skin is exposed to radiation for an extended period of time. Decontamination is often required. This is least likely to occur.
- Electrical burns: These burns are caused by contact with electrical currents and can often result in internal damages as well.
Why Experience Matters For Burn Injury Cases
Here at The Beasley Firm, our experienced burn injury attorneys in Philadelphia are familiar with how burn injuries and burn accidents can lead to devastating injuries, pain, suffering, scarring, intense medical care, and financial difficulties. Much of our insight comes from the fact that our staff includes two doctors and three nurses, all of whom have 50 collective years of hospital and patient care experience. This allows us to effectively investigate and understand your injuries more thoroughly than those without medical training.
Burns are classified according to their severity or amount of damage:
- First-degree burn – First degree burns are classified as minor injuries and are the most common as they can include sunburns. Signs of a first-degree burn may include dry and red skin, sometimes painful to the touch. Sometimes, the victim will feel tingling and there would be some slight swelling.
- Second-degree burn – Second-degree burns are a bit more painful and typically reach the second layer of skin. Some potential signs can include blisters, burns on the epidermis and dermis, red or pink wounds, and skin that lightens with pressure. Healing time is typically two to three weeks.
- Third-degree burn – Third-degree burns are usually the worst that are typically sustained and they appear a deep red. The entire epidermis and a large majority of the dermis are destroyed. More pain during recovery is present and there may be destroyed tissue and a need for a skin graft.
- Fourth-degree burn – There are also fourth-degree burns which are rarer, but this means that the burns extend through both the epidermis and dermis, causing damage to the muscles, nerve endings, and even bones. The initial pain may not be severe, it can cause long-term damage.
They can be caused by a number of different things such as:
- Motor vehicle accidents
- Exposure to industrial cleaners
- House, apartment or condominium fires
- Motorcycle accidents
- Exposure to hot liquids or scolding
- Airplane or aircraft crashes
- Electrocution or electric currents
- Exposure to acids or solvents
- Fuel fed fires due to defective gas lines
- BBQ pit fires
- Propane tank explosions
- Hotel fires
- Inhalation of toxic gases
- Tar burns
- Grease burns
- Caustic hair or beauty products used to dye or straighten hair
- Petroleum burns
Because burns can be caused by so many different things, potential burn injury lawsuits require a law firm who is familiar and experienced in product liability, premises liability, construction, occupational or workplace injuries and negligence. Our Philadelphia burn injury lawyers have years of experience preparing, trying, and winning cases on behalf of burn victims.
In addition to skin burns, toxic chemicals or fumes can also cause blisters, burns, and scarring to the esophagus, throat, trachea, lining of the lungs, corneas, and other mucous membranes.
If you or a loved one has suffered burn injuries, contact one of our lawyers, doctors, or nurses at (215) 866-2424.
Personal Injury $907,000,000
The largest judgment ever against a single individual, against Ira Einhorn for the murder of his girlfriend, Holly Maddux.
Personal Injury $104,000,000
$104 million for September 11 victims, the only September 11 verdict in history.
Medical Malpractice $100,000,000
The largest medical malpractice verdict in Pennsylvania history.
Medical Malpractice $55,000,000
2nd largest medical malpractice verdict in history.
Birth Injury $37,000,000
Jim Beasley, Sr. and Marsha Santangelo tried a six-week-long medical negligence case on behalf of a brain injured child.
Complex Litigation $34,000,000
The largest defamation award in Pennsylvania history.
Aviation Accidents $29,000,000
Record setting verdict for an airplane crash that involved a seat defect in a Cessna aircraft.
Medical Malpractice $20,500,000
Our firm used all its resources to obtain a highly publicized $20.5 million verdict for the family of a teenage woman.
Medical Malpractice $20,000,000
Jim led his team at The Beasley Firm to one of the largest malpractice recoveries in a very conservative county and in the history Commonwealth of Pennsylvania.
Personal Injury $16,250,000
We were able to invest over $400,000.00 in costs to prepare this file, allowing our attorneys to enter the courtroom with no stone unturned.
Achieving Record Setting Verdicts & Settlements For Over 60 Years.
Over $2 Billion Awarded On Behalf Of Our Injured Clients.
Listed In Best Law Firms And Recognized By Best Lawyers In America.
Free Case Evaluations And Contingent Fees Available.