Philadelphia Burn Injury Attorneys
More Than 55 Years of History. Over $2 Billion Secured.
Each year, more than 1 million people are seriously burned and over 3,500 of them fatally injured as a result of an explosion, fire, chemical spill, or other incident. According to the National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health, one-quarter of all serious burn accident injuries happen as a result of occupational or work-related accidents. Workers in agriculture, food services, roofing, electrical, chemical, and energy industries are at a higher risk of being burned or electrocuted.
At The Beasley Firm, our Philadelphia personal injury lawyers have extensive experience in litigating burn injury cases. We know intimately how to investigate the causes of explosions in homes or businesses, what the OSHA safety standards require of construction sites, and how to prove a defective or recalled product caused or accelerated a fire. We also know the medicine involved-like how subsequent infections, and not the initial burn, are what threaten burn victims the most-and how to convey that to a jury to ensure our clients obtain full and fair compensation.
Since 1958, our firm has been known for our effectiveness and our ability to get results. We have:
- Won the state's first million-dollar verdict
- Secured the largest personal injury verdict in Pennsylvania
- More than 300 verdicts & settlements larger than $1 million
- Obtained more than $2 billion for injury victims in Philadelphia and beyond
Call (215) 866-2424 to speak with us a free, no obligation case consultation. We want to help you determine if you have a case and how we can help-and we never take a fee unless you win in court.
Why Experience Matters For Burn Injury Cases
Here at The Beasley Firm, our experienced burn injury attorneys in Philadelphia are familiar with how burn injuries and burn accidents can lead to devastating injuries, pain, suffering, scarring, intense medical care, and financial difficulties. Much of our insight comes from the fact that our staff includes two doctors and three nurses, all of whom have 50 collective years of hospital and patient care experience. This allows us to effectively investigate and understand your injuries more thoroughly than those without medical training.
Burns are classified according to their severity or amount of damage:
- First degree burn - only the top layer of the skin is burned, red, painful and with some swelling.
- Second degree burn - the top and second layer of skin is burned with blisters and pain.
- Third degree burn - is the most severe burn injury where all three layers of the skin are burned or charred. Third degree burns can involve damage to the underlying muscles, tendons and ligaments.
They can be caused by a number of different things such as:
- Motor vehicle accidents
- Exposure to industrial cleaners
- House, apartment or condominium fires
- Motorcycle accidents
- Exposure to hot liquids or scolding
- Airplane or aircraft crashes
- Electrocution or electric currents
- Exposure to acids or solvents
- Fuel fed fires due to defective gas lines
- BBQ pit fires
- Propane tank explosions
- Caustic hair or beauty products used to dye or straighten hair
- Hotel fires
- Inhalation of toxic gases
- Tar burns
- Grease burns
- Petroleum burns
Because burns can be caused by so many different things, potential burn injury lawsuits require a law firm who is familiar and experienced in product liability, premises liability, construction, occupational or workplace injuries and negligence. Our Philadelphia burn injury lawyers have years of experience preparing, trying, and winning cases on behalf of burn victims.
In addition to skin burns, toxic chemicals or fumes can also cause blisters, burns, and scarring to the esophagus, throat, trachea, lining of the lungs, corneas, and other mucous membranes.
If you or a loved one has suffered burn injuries, contact one of our lawyers, doctors, or nurses at (215) 866-2424.