Injuries Causing Blindness & Deafness
Billions of Dollars Won For Clients Across Pennsylvania
Catastrophic vision and hearing loss injuries significantly impact the injured person, their families, and their finances. Many patients who sustained catastrophic injuries that caused blindness or deafness are faced with life-long pain, suffering, home modifications, medical expenses, and treatments. One day they were undergoing their normal routine and then within a split second, their lives were forever changed because of medical malpractice or an injury caused by someone else's negligence.
If this has happened to you or a loved one, turn to Philadelphia ear and eye injury attorneys experienced with vision and hearing loss. The Beasley Firm is led by seasoned lawyers and staffed with experienced doctors and nurses who understand the extent and implications of your injuries. Our experience with these injuries on a medical level informs our legal work, allowing us to prepare cases that pursue the appropriate compensation your injuries require.
In our firm's history, we have achieved the following milestones:
- The largest personal injury verdict in Pennsylvania
- The two largest medical malpractice verdicts in Pennsylvania-$100 million and $55 million
- Over 10 years' of inclusion in the Pennsylvania Super Lawyers® list
- 2016 Best Law Firms® for Personal Injury Litigation
- $2+ billion in verdicts and settlements since 1958
Our effectiveness in the courtroom is legendary. Shortly after our firm began in 1958, we secured the state's first million-dollar verdict, and we have not slowed down since.
Not sure if you have a case? Call (215) 866-2424 to discuss your situation with our staff. We can help you make the next decision with confidence and peace of mind.
Potential Causes for Vision or Hearing Loss
Some of the more common causes of vision or hearing loss are:
- Traumatic brain injuries (TBI)
- Blunt head trauma
- Penetrating trauma
- Motor vehicle accidents
- Air bags
- A delay in diagnosing and treating cancer
- A delay in diagnosing and treating ear infections or otitis media
- A delay in diagnosing or treating a stroke
- A delay in diagnosing or treating intracranial hemorrhage or brain bleed
- A delay in diagnosing or treating increased intracranial pressure or edema
- CMV or cytomegalovirus during pregnancy
- Kernicterus or a very high bilirubin level
- Medication toxicity especially with Gentamicin or Vancomycin
- Sinus surgery errors
- Surgery malpractice
- Anesthesia errors
- Inappropriately performed Lasik surgery
- Blast Injuries
- Workplace accidents
- Welding accidents
- Flash burns
- Orbital blow out fractures
- Construction accidents
- Corrosive or chemical exposure
- Falling debris or foreign bodies
- Contaminated contact lens solutions or eye drops
- Perforated ear drums
- Untreated vascular diseases
- Untreated increased intraocular or eye pressure
- Retinal detachments
- Corneal abrasions
- Cialis or Viagra use
The Largest Verdicts & Settlements of Any Philadelphia Personal Injury Firm
Here at The Beasley Firm, our highly specialized teams of nurses and doctors really do understand what you or a loved one is experiencing right now and what you are faced with in the future. Our firm has specialized teams of nurses and doctors on staff that have over 60 years of collective experience working in a hospital or emergency room and caring for patients with eye or ear injuries.
One of the nurses on our staff worked at the nationally-known Will's Eye Hospital and specialized in eye injuries / eye trauma. Our experience and insight into this area allows us to create thoroughly-prepared, highly-effective cases that are ready for trial. As a result, our opponents often offer to settle with our clients for the large sums that they need and deserve in order to rebuild their lives.
If you or a loved one has been a victim of a traumatic eye sight or hearing loss accident, please contact on of our experienced Philadelphia eye and ear injury lawyers at (215) 866-2424.