Philadelphia Amputation Lawyers
Over $2 Billion Recovered and Nationally-Renowned
An amputation occurs when any body part is either wholly or partially lost as a result of an accident, assault, malpractice, negligence or product defect. Any amputation-whether of an arm, leg, foot, hand, finger, or toe-is a life-altering event that causes the injured victim serious pain and challenges, including having to relearn how to perform the basic tasks of life.
Any person who has suffered an amputation is faced with extensive physical therapy and occupational therapy just to carry out the basic tasks of everyday living. Not only does an amputation cause physical injuries, but it also causes emotional injuries, lost income or wages, expensive medical bills, pain and suffering, loss of enjoyment of life, as well as many other damages and hurdles.
The Beasley Firm's Philadelphia amputation injury lawyers have experience handling amputation injuries in court-call (215) 866-2424 to speak with us about whether you have a valid claim.
Protecting Victims of Amputation Since 1958
If you have suffered an amputation injury, turn to The Beasley Firm today. Our amputation attorneys in Philadelphia have decades of experience representing amputation victims in different contexts, from workplace injuries to surgical malpractice. As a result, we understand the struggles and costs associated with relearning how to live life with a missing limb.
Our work has resulted in truly incredible achievements for our clients, including:
- 300+ verdicts & settlements larger than $1 million
- Over $2 billion in awards to our clients
- More than $100 million won for amputation victims alone
- The single largest personal injury verdict in Pennsylvania history
In a recent case, we won $16.25 million for a worker who lost both his legs in an accident involving a Caterpillar bulldozer that lacked suitable safety equipment. Our preparation involved more than $400,000 of resources that we invested in order to build an airtight claim-as a result, our opponents settled with our client rather than face our attorneys in court. That's the approach our team, led by Dr. James Beasley, Jr., takes with every amputation case we handle. Your stakes are far too high to entrust to a smaller firm or less experienced attorney.
In addition to our experienced Philadelphia amputation injury attorneys, we also have on staff two physicians and three registered nurses, two of them who are certified emergency room trauma nurses who have spent thousands of hours in emergency rooms or intensive care units caring for patients with amputations just like the one you or a loved one had to undergo.
Leading Causes of Amputation Injuries
Amputations can be a result of workplace injuries, product defects, negligence, malpractice or a failure to diagnose and treat a medical emergency. Some of the more common causes of limb amputations are:
- Dangerous property conditions or premises liability
- Automobile accidents
- Lawn mower accidents
- Snow blower accidents
- Swing or playground accidents
- Amusement park ride accidents
- Swimming pool or hot tub drain accidents
- Tight bandages, casts or splints
- Defective products
- Animal attacks
- Construction site accidents
- Crush injuries
- Fire arms or weapons
- Assault with a baseball bat, pipe or other blunt object
- Workplace or occupational injuries
- Improperly performed or negligent surgeries
- Faulty gym or exercise equipment
- Failure to diagnose and treat blood flow problems or bleeding after a cardiac catheterization or femoral artery puncture.
- Failure to recognize or timely treat an infection
- Failure to diagnose and treat necrotizing fasciitis or flesh eating disease
- Failure to diagnose or treat osteomyelitis
- Failure to diagnose or treat cancer
- Failure to diagnose or treat meningitis
- Failure to diagnose or treat sepsis or toxic shock
- Failure to diagnose or treat a blood clot
- Failure to diagnose or treat a blockage in the arterial blood flow
- Failure to diagnose or treat a bone fracture
- Failure to diagnose or remove a foreign body
- Failure to diagnose or treat compartment syndrome
We Win Your Battles
Any victim of an amputation is going to have a life-long battle-but they don't have to fight alone. Our experienced injury lawyers here at The Beasley Firm understand that and have successfully represented amputation victims and their families with documented results.
Our highly specialized and experienced amputation teams have fought hard and won for people, just like you, who were victims of traumatic amputations or wrongful death.
If you or a loved one has been a victim of an amputation or wrongful death, please contact one of our experienced Philadelphia amputation attorneys at (215) 866-2424 for a confidential and free consultation.
Achieving record setting verdicts & settlements for over 60 years.
Over $2 billion awarded on behalf of our injured clients.
Listed in Best Law Firms and recognized by Best Lawyers in America.
Free case evaluations and contingent fees available.