Plastic Surgery Malpractice Lawyers in Philadelphia
Doctors & Nurses On Staff to Build Your Medical Malpractice Case
Plastic surgery, reconstructive surgery, or cosmetic surgery is supposed to make you look and feel better after it is performed. However, that is not always the case. There are times when the surgeons, anesthesiologists, or nurses make terrible mistakes and you or a loved one are left with scarring, disfigurement, blood clots, infections, or even death.
If this happened to you or a family member, you may be entitled to compensation from your plastic surgeon or responsible parties. Turn to The Beasley Firm-founded in 1958, our Philadelphia plastic surgery malpractice lawyers have spent decades developing malpractice cases. We rely on the insight of our trained doctors and nurses on staff, who have more than 50 combined years of experience in patient care. Our experience makes us ideally suited to handling plastic surgery malpractice cases in throughout Pennsylvania.
Plastic surgery malpractice victims choose our Philadelphia plastic surgery malpractice attorneys because:
- We secured $20.5 million for the family of a young woman killed by her plastic surgery.
- We have secured more than 300 recoveries of $1 million or more.
- We have won more than $2 billion in verdicts and settlements since 1958.
- We have been selected to the Pennsylvania Super Lawyers® list for 10 years running.
- We fight relentlessly for our clients in order to secure their futures, sparing no expense.
- We receive no fee unless you have received a verdict or settlement in court.
Call the leading plastic surgery attorneys at The Beasley Firm-dial (215) 866-2424 for a free legal consultation.
Common Plastic, Cosmetic & Reconstructive Procedures
Plastic surgeries, cosmetic surgeries, or reconstructive surgeries are performed for a variety of different reasons. They may be used to repair a congenital or birth defect, reconstruct a body part after cancer removal, or for aesthetic purposes.
Some of the more common reconstructive or plastic surgeries are:
- Botox injections
- Laser hair removal
- Breast augmentation
- Abdominoplasty or tummy tuck
- Blepharoplasty or eye lift
- Rhinoplasty or nose job
- Rhytidectomy or facelift, forehead lift, chin or neck lift
- Gynecomastia (removal of excessive breast tissue in men)
Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery Risks
Every surgical procedure, especially plastic or reconstructive surgery, can carry certain risks. It is the surgeon's responsibility to make sure that the patient is aware of all the risks prior to performing the surgery. Some common risks are bleeding, infection, scarring, contractures, blood clots, pneumonia, medications reactions, and scar tissue formation.
Regardless of how minor or major the risks are, it is the surgeon's responsibility to tell the patient so an informed decision can be made prior to consenting to any surgical procedure. In addition to the risks mentioned above, there are other risks depending on the type of plastic surgery that is going to be performed.
The following are additional problems that could occur during surgery:
- Medication error
- Lidocaine overdose
- Too much tissue removed
- Not enough tissue removed
- Prolonged sedation
- Prolonged surgery
- Damage to nerves
- Damage to arteries or veins
- Drooping eyelids
- Unable to close eyes
- Unable to raise eyebrows or show facial expressions
- Asymmetry or one side of the body does not match the other side
- Blistering or burning of the skin
- Inadequate post-operative management
- Blood clots to lungs or pulmonary emboli
- Nipple disfigurement in breast reconstruction
- Uneven nipples
- Wrong size breast implant
Millions Won for Family of Wrongful Death Victim
An 18-year-old woman was killed as a result of her plastic surgeon's negligence. The surgeon, who accidentally ruptured a blood vessel in his teenage patient's neck during a liposuction procedure, refused to allow her mother to see her or to admit her to a local hospital. When an ambulance finally arrived hours later, the young woman was already the victim of severe respiratory distress.
Our casework for the family involved nearly $400,000 in investigation expenses and 10,000 pages of documents, all to develop the case as strongly as possible. In the end, we successfully proved the negligence of the surgeon and the anesthesiologist involved in the operation that robbed our clients of their daughter. The $20 million verdict was later upheld in the Pennsylvania Superior Court, who found our arguments to be both truthful and well-argued.
300+ Verdicts & Settlements of $1 Million or More
Since 1958, our Philadelphia plastic surgery lawyers have been successfully litigating wrongful deaths and plastic, cosmetic, or reconstructive surgery malpractice cases with documented results.
Our results have allowed us to receive numerous honors and awards, including:
- Selection to Best Firms in America for Tier 2 Medical Malpractice
- Inclusion in Best Lawyers® in America 2015
- Membership in the Million Dollar Advocates Forum®
We also have on staff two physicians and three registered nurses, in addition to decades of expertise that made us a leader in this field. Our collective knowledge assisted in obtaining two of the largest medical negligence verdicts in Pennsylvania history-$100 million and $55 million-as well as countless other multimillion-dollar judgments and settlements. Please feel free to look at our track record of success and call us for a free, no obligation consultation.
If you or a loved one has been injured, please contact one of our experienced Philadelphia plastic surgery malpractice attorneys at (215) 866-2424.