Philadelphia Medical Malpractice Attorneys
Top Two Largest Medical Malpractice Verdicts in Pennsylvania
For more than 60 years, The Beasley Firm has been one of the leading medical malpractice law firms in the United States. Some of our cases, like Incollingo v. Ewing and Pratt v. Stein, changed the law to better protect patients. Other cases set records, including the top two largest jury verdicts - $100 million and $55 million - and the largest punitive damages awarded in Pennsylvania medical malpractice cases.
Our medical malpractice lawyers have obtained hundreds of millions of dollars in compensation for clients, empowering them to pay off mountains of medical debt, get better care in the future, and make up for lost wages. Because of our success and record-breaking efforts in this field, our firm was recognized in "Best Law Firms" in the area of medical malpractice, a prestigious recognition based on thorough evaluation.
Join with a nationally-recognized firm in your pursuit of just compensation. Call (215) 866-2424 for a free case evaluation with a Philadelphia medical malpractice lawyer!
Record-Breaking Medical Malpractice Verdicts
At The Beasley Firm, we are no stranger to medical malpractice litigation. In fact, we thrive in pursuing just compensation for the loved ones of those who have been injured by the very medical professionals they trusted to help them. Our Philadelphia firm can handle complex cases that most other firms simply cannot.
Vlazny v. Cavarocci: The Largest Medical Malpractice Verdict in PA History
- In Vlazny v. Cavarrocci, The Beasley Firm's Philadelphia medical malpractice attorneys secured the largest medical malpractice verdict in Pennsylvania history, involving an adult heart surgeon practicing on a newborn who required a relatively simple heart procedure. The surgeon was unfamiliar with the anatomy of a premature child (specifically, he didn't know how to locate a patent ductus arteriosus), and caused the infant to sustain brain damage and require the amputation of his arm. The family was awarded $100 million.
Gault v. Norwood: The Second-Largest Medical Malpractice Verdict in PA History
- In another case, The Beasley Firm obtained the second largest medical malpractice verdict in history to the amount of $55 million. The Gault v. Norwood case was particularly challenging, because the case was against world-famous physician William Norwood, M.D. Our lawyers proved he had performed an unauthorized surgical procedure on Steven Gault, rendering Steve severely brain damaged and in permanent need of life long care.
Fallon v. Snyder: $37 Million Awarded to Family of Infant Injured by Medical Malpractice
- Another medical malpractice case, Fallon v. Snyder, was tried in front of a jury for six weeks on behalf of a brain-injured child. Our law firm's attorneys proved that obstetrical negligence caused a mother to deliver a premature baby. In this particular case, after the baby's delivery, another doctor cared for the newborn in the delivery room and misplaced a breathing tube intended for the baby's airway. This tube was inserted directly into the esophagus, causing prolonged oxygen deprivation and severe, permanent brain damage. The jury awarded $37 million.
Medical Malpractice Cases We Handle
No matter how complex the case, our skilled medical malpractice attorneys in Philadelphia are more than capable of handling it. We believe in accomplishing the impossible here at The Beasley Firm and have the resources and experience to do it. Whether clients have sustained serious injuries as a result of medical malpractice or are looking to fight on behalf of a loved one, our legal team will caringly and capably guide them through this time.
Read more about our medical malpractice work:
- Bacterial Meningitis
- Birth Injury
- Blood Thinners Malpractice
- Bowel Perforation or Ruptured Bowel
- Compartment Syndrome
- Doctor Sexual Assault
- Emergency Room Malpractice
- Failure to Diagnose
- Failure to Diagnose and Treat Cancer
- Heart Attack
- Hospital Negligence
- IV Infiltration Injury
- Medication Error
- Necrotizing Enterocolitis
- Nursing Home Abuse
- Plastic Surgery
- Sepsis or Infection
- Surgical Malpractice
A firm is only as strong as the lawyers who make it up. At The Beasley Firm, we are privileged to work with the finest attorneys in medical malpractice, most of whom have considerable medical experience.
What are Common Types of Medical Malpractice?
There are several situations that would lead an individual to filing a medical malpractice claim. Although no two cases are exactly alike, most medical malpractice claims will fall into one of these categories:
- Failure to diagnose: This occurs if a patient’s outcome would have been better had the doctor discovered a patient’s illness or made a different diagnosis.
- Improper treatment: If the doctor treats the patient in a way that no other competent doctor would, the patient may have a grounds to pursue legal action. Improper treatment also is used to describe instances involving a doctor who chooses appropriate treatment but administers it incorrectly or incompetently.
- Failure to warn a patient of certain risks: This occurs if a doctor fails to warn a patient of the known risks of a procedure, surgery, or treatment, which is known as the duty of informed consent.
Partner with Experienced Doctors, Nurses & Lawyers
Since 1958, The Beasley Firm has been the law firm that many judges, lawyers, and doctors turn to when facing catastrophic injury or wrongful death due to medical malpractice.
The Beasley Firm is chaired by medical doctor, James Beasley, Jr., who has been included in the Super Lawyers® list and named as one of the "Best Lawyers in America." Our Philadelphia medical malpractice team also has a complete nursing and medical research staff that includes two doctors who are also attorneys, a former NICU charge nurse who is an attorney, and several registered nurses who are paralegals. With over $2 billion won since 1958, our clients can trust in our thorough approach, history of success, and dependability.
Call (215) 866-2424 and begin a free case evaluation!