Every year, U.S. News releases its Super Lawyers® ratings, a consumer reference that highlights attorneys across multiple practice areas who have shown high levels of achievement over the past year. The Beasley Firm has consistently had lawyers appear on the Super Lawyers® personal injury lists for over a decade. This year, we are pleased to announce 9 of our lawyers have been selected to receive this honor.
The 2021 Philadelphia Super Lawyers® list includes:
- Barbara R. Axelrod, in the Personal Injury – General: Plaintiff and Appellate categories;
- James E. Beasley, Jr., in the Personal Injury – General: Plaintiff, Medical Malpractice: Plaintiff, and Aviation and Aerospace categories;
- Scott A. Bennett, in the Personal Injury – General: Plaintiff and Personal Injury – Products: Plaintiff categories;
- Dion G. Rassias, in the General Litigation and Personal Injury – General: Plaintiff categories.
- Marsha F. Santangelo, MD, in the Medical Malpractice: Plaintiff category; and
- David A. Yanoff, in the Appellate category.
Additionally, 3 of our attorneys were named to the 2021 Rising Stars list—an honor awarded to those who have been in the field for 10 or fewer years or who are 40 or younger.
- Peter J. Johnsen, in the Medical Malpractice: Plaintiff and Media and Advertising categories;
- Lane R. Jubb, Jr., in the Medical Malpractice: Plaintiff and Personal Injury – General: Plaintiff categories; and
- Louis Tumolo, in the Medical Malpractice: Plaintiff, Personal Injury – General: Plaintiff, and Professional Liability: Plaintiff categories.
We are incredibly proud to see so many of our team members included in this year’s Super Lawyers® listing.
The Super Lawyers® Selection Process
While the Super Lawyers® listees are selected by an independent editorial team, each nominee is evaluated by their achievements across 12 quality indicators specific to and valued by the legal community. The factors considered include:
- Verdicts and settlements
- Representative clients
- Special licenses and certifications
- Bar and professional activity
- Pro bono and community service
The wide array of considerations in this stage means attorneys may earn recognition for excelling in any relevant area. However, because each nominee receives a score for every category, only well-rounded individuals advance to the peer evaluation stage. In this step, a Blue Ribbon Panel specially selected for each practice area reviews candidates to determine the standouts. The final Super Lawyers® list includes only 5% of attorneys; Rising Stars includes only 2.5%.
The Beasley Firm Thanks You for Your Trust
We are proud to see our attorneys’ efforts recognized by these honors year after year. At the same time, we owe them to you, our clients. By bringing your legal questions and issues to The Beasley Firm, you give us a cause to fight for—and a chance to lead by example.
If you were injured by a negligent party or have other complex litigation needs, our team wants to know how we have helped. We’ve been serving Philadelphia for over 60 years and hope to be here for at least 60 more.