You Were Hurt Due To A Car, Bus, Truck or Motor Cycle Accident And Can No Longer Work. Now What?
Statistics show that motor vehicle accidents (MVA's) are one of the leading causes of death in the United States. According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), since 2006, there has been a steady decline in car accident deaths, traffic fatalities, passenger fatalities, motor cycle accident deaths, and pedestrians being killed, until 2010. Last year, the number of automobile, motorcycle, passenger and pedestrian deaths due to accidents has risen somewhat in Pennsylvania. Why?
Here are some statistics related to auto or bus accidents:
- It is estimated that approximately 75% of all fatal crashes that happen in between midnight and 3am involve alcohol.
- On average, about 15 kids on their way to school are killed or run over by school buses each year, sometimes because the bus driver was drunk, impaired or high on drugs.
- Teens, especially boys, are killed in car accidents more so than any other age group.
- Male drivers cause twice as many accidents as female drivers.
- Drivers of a sports car, convertible or hatchback car are in more car accidents than drivers of sedans, family cars or mini-vans.
- Approximately 300,000 teenagers are injured in car crashes each year or 14 teens a day.
- In the United States (US) approximately 5,000 teens die each year due to motor vehicle accidents (MVA's).
- And if someone is on a cell phone or texting while driving, the chances of causing a car accident increases by 400%.
Any car, truck, transit vehicle, motorcycle or motor vehicle accident can cause a head on collision, rollover, rear end crash, or side impact damage. Many motor vehicle accidents are due to driver negligence or driver distraction that can cause permanent soft tissue injuries, burns, disfigurement, bone fractures, spinal cord injuries, brain injuries, permanent paralysis, or even death to drivers or passengers.
An insurance company may be able to help you pay for the damage to your car or vehicle, but they can not help you with the head injury, brain damage, paralysis, internal bleeding, ruptured spleen, lacerated liver, cardiac contusion, lung damage, anoxic encephalopathy or any other permanent injury and expenses you or a loved one are left with long after the insurance company settled your auto accident claim.
For the past 35 years, Scott Bennett Esq. has been successfully representing victims of car crashes, bus accidents, motor vehicle accidents, motor cycle accidents, hit and run accidents and pedestrians that were hit, run over, or killed by a moving vehicle. Just recently, Jim Beasley, Jr., and Scott Bennett were awarded a $5.5 million settlement in a Bucks County automobile accident case. The accident caused their teen client, an 18 year old male, to be paralyzed from the neck down.
Scott Bennett has been the Philadelphia and New Jersey "go to auto accident guy" for many who have been injured or suffered due to the negligence, impaired or erratic driving of others. If you or a loved one has been injured due to a negligent driver, Scott Bennett is the attorney you want on your side. If you or a loved one has been injured in an auto, bus or motorcycle accident, please feel free to contact one of our experienced Philadelphia vehicle accident team members at 1.888.823.5291 for a strictly confidential and free consultation.