Philadelphia Truck Accident Attorney
Over $2 Billion Awarded on Behalf of Our Injured Clients
Since 1958, The Beasley Firm has fought to ensure that the victims of commercial truck drivers' negligence receive full and fair compensation for the physical, emotional, and financial injuries they suffer.
We have successfully obtained settlements and jury verdicts for victims of:
- Tractor-trailer / big rig / semi truck accidents
- Garbage truck accidents
- Dump truck accidents
- Bus accidents
Our Philadelphia truck accident attorneys have the experience you need to win. We recently obtained a $3.5 million settlement for the estate of a young woman killed in Pennsylvania by a tractor-trailer. We also obtained a $1.6 million settlement for the estate of man killed almost instantly in New Jersey by a dump truck rear-ending his vehicle. Our team is reliable, dedicated, and compassionate. We prepare every case for trial and we do what it takes to win. Speak with an accident lawyer from our team today.
Tough Representation from Attorneys on the Super Lawyers® List
The Philadelphia car accident lawyers at The Beasley Firm have experience in every aspect of commercial truck accident investigation and litigation, such as:
- Performing expert accident reconstructions
- Preserving "black box" data
- Working with police, state highway, and National Transportation Safety Board (NTSB) investigators to ensure no stone is left unturned in the civil and criminal investigations
- Determining when a violation of the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations (FMCSR) occurred
- Using forensic data to prove violations of the hours-of-service regulations, even in cases where the truck driver has falsified their logbook
Our Truck Accident Firm Can Find the Cause of the Crash
When smaller vehicles are involved in accidents with large trucks, the disproportionate weight and size of the vehicles often lead to occupants of the smaller vehicle suffering serious injury or death. The Department of Transportation estimates that about 500,000 truck accidents occur every year in the United States.
There can be many factors that contribute to an accident, such as truck driver fatigue, distracted driving, speeding, poor surveillance of the road, drunk driving, faulty brakes, tire defects, lack of vehicle maintenance, or even an unsecure load.
Some of the leading causes of truck accidents include:
- Truck driver fatigue - Truck driver fatigue is the number one safety problem in the trucking industry today. It is a factor in 40% of all trucking crashes nationwide. Profit-driven trucking companies have made the problem worse, resulting in the injuries and deaths of thousands of Americans every year. Truck drivers are only allowed to drive their vehicles for a set number of hours. It is common for truck drivers to experience greater symptoms of fatigue while driving overnight. At The Beasley Firm, our investigations and accident reconstructions have clearly revealed that many truck accidents are caused by driver fatigue. We can fight to provide the true cause of an accident, even in cases where the driver has forged his / her logbooks.
- Trucker sleep apnea - Sleep apnea is another cause of injuries and death indicated in many truck crashes. Research reveals a strong link between overweight truck drivers and sleep apnea. Statistics indicate that the truck crashes caused by sleep apnea kill more than 5,200 people and injured more than 100,000 individuals every year in the United States.
- Tire blowouts - A blown tire can cause a truck driver to lose control of the vehicle, which may result in the truck veering suddenly into other lanes of traffic. An out of control big rig can cause massive devastation, especially on a crowded freeway. These accidents are largely preventable, since tire manufacturers agree that most blowouts are the result of inadequate maintenance.
- Unsecured truckload - Our experienced truck accident lawyers at The Beasley Firm have handled many cases involving unsecured truckloads that fall into the road and endanger other drivers. In one of our cases, a steel coil weighing approximately 8,000 pounds rolled off a flatbed truck traveling at a high rate of speed. This caused more than $200,000 worth of damage to the interstate highway before it rolled into the pathway of another vehicle and killed a woman.
We Fight Your Battles So You Receive Justice. Call The Beasley Firm.
The Philadelphia commercial truck accident lawyers at The Beasley Firm have successfully represented the victims of accidents caused by trucks, tractor-trailers, 18-wheelers, delivery trucks, and common carriers in Pennsylvania and throughout the U.S. for over five decades. We've awarded more than $2 billion in verdicts and settlements in that time.
- Who can be held liable for a truck accident?
- How much is your truck accident case worth?
- Steps to Take After a Truck Accident in Philadelphia
If you or a loved one has been injured in a truck accident, please contact our team through our online form, or call us at (215) 866-2424. We offer free consultations.