Philadelphia Car Accident Lawyers
Trusted Advocates for Pennsylvania Accident Victims Since 1958
Every year, close to 4 million people in America suffer serious injuries in motor vehicle accidents and more than 50,000 people are killed each year in car crashes. The majority of these accidents are due to driver negligence.
If you've been injured in an accident because of a distracted, drunk, or reckless driver, a Philadelphia car accident attorney from our firm can help you achieve justice.
For over 60 years, The Beasley Firm has helped victims of serious automobile accidents recover the full compensation they justly deserve. Our recent recoveries include $6.6 million for a young man paralyzed in a rollover, $3.5 million for a young woman killed on the interstate by a tractor-trailer driven too fast in a snowstorm by an exhausted driver, and a $1 million verdict for an individual rear-ended by a commercial driver.
Call (215) 866-2424 to get in touch with a member of our firm after your accident. We can review your case for free!
Why You Need A Professional In Your Corner
Insurance adjusters deal with accident claims day in and day out. Though they are trained to be courteous to clients and claimants and may even take a personal interest in your health, it is ultimately their job to try to reduce the settlement you receive.
Like any for-profit business, insurers exist to make money, not to make sure you’re taken care of.
This means most car accident victims are at a disadvantage when it comes to negotiating a settlement. While you’ve probably never dealt with this situation before, the person at the other end of the phone does it all the time. Retaining an experienced car accident attorney in Philadelphia to handle your claim is a concrete step you can take to improve your chances. Our attorneys know how the claims process is supposed to go and we know the techniques that work when negotiating with insurers. If you or a loved one has been seriously injured, you likely can’t afford to not get the settlement you need.
Put the Right Attorney on Your Case
After a car accident, having the right lawyer is incredibly important. The Beasley Firm has a team that is committed, skilled, and experienced. In fact, many other community firms refer car accident cases to us because they know we fight to make sure our clients' legal rights are protected and maximum compensation is recovered. Not every team has the resources or dedication to invest the significant time some cases need. As a longstanding leader in personal injury law, our firm can provide the help you need.
How We Can Help Car Accident Victims
The Beasley Firm has recovered more than $2 billion in verdicts and settlements for the victims of serious injuries including amputations, loss of eyesight and hearing, brain damage, spinal cord injury, paraplegia, and much more. We've handled a broad range of car accident cases, from rollovers to airbag failures to highway defects to tire separations.
Not only can we take on complex cases like those listed above, but we’re also known for providing quality representation to our clients. Our Philadelphia car accident attorneys start each case with a thorough investigation of the accident, reviewing all potentially liable parties and causes of action with our experienced team. We bring together safety experts, accident reconstruction specialists, forensic witnesses, medical and life care experts, and even biomechanical engineers to ensure we craft the strongest case possible for every client.
Car Accident FAQs
What Should I Do After a Car Accident?
There are certain things you can do after a collision to help protect your right to compensation—and there are also things you should avoid lest you jeopardize it.
- Don't apologize: No matter the situation, you should never say you are sorry after a car crash. The other party's insurance company may use this against you as an admission of guilt if you pursue further compensation through a personal injury lawsuit.
- Get the other party's insurance information: Even though you will be pursuing compensation through your own insurance company, it's important to gather the other party's insurance information in case you need it for future use.
- Make sure you report the accident to law enforcement: Having a police report on file is a valuable piece of evidence for your car accident claim.
- Take photos of the scene and vehicles: Photographic evidence of the crash can be incredibly important if you need to prove negligence further down the road.
- Document your injuries: This can include taking photos of your injuries hours, days, and weeks after the accident or talking to a loved one about how you are feeling.
- Seek medical attention: The shock of the accident can prevent you from feeling the full effects of your injuries until days or weeks later. Even if you don't feel hurt right away, you should always visit your doctor as soon as possible after an accident so that your injuries can be documented and treated by a medical professional.
- Let your attorney do the talking: The sad fact is, your insurance company is not always on your side. They are able to take advantage of policy holders who do not know the ins and outs of insurance and personal injury law, that is why you need a legal advocate who can uphold your rights and fight for your best interests.
What If I Am Partially to Blame for the Accident?
Pennsylvania operates under a "modified comparative negligence rule" when it comes to shared fault, which means that even if you are partially to blame for the accident that caused your injuries, you can still recover compensation from a personal injury lawsuit. Only if you are found to be more than 50% at fault for the accident will you be prevented from receiving damages.
How Long Do I Have to File an Injury Claim?
The Pennsylvania statute of limitations for these types of claims is two years, but it's best to get started on your personal injury claim as soon as possible after an accident so that your attorney can speak on your behalf with the insurance company and start collecting evidence to defend your claim.
We’re Ready To Start Your Claim
After an auto collision, swift action is needed to preserve evidence. We advise you to contact an attorney as soon as you are able to make sure no important data is lost. Sometimes, accident cases can be incredibly complex, and specific and detailed evidence may be essential to success. Our attorneys are ready to speak with you today to let you know the next steps in filing a claim.
We have recovered over $2 billion for the victims of auto accidents and their families, and along the way, we’ve helped clients receive record-breaking verdicts and settlements. If you want a team that will put in the effort and pursue every avenue for compensation, reach out to us today.
Attorneys Jim Beasley Jr. and Scott Bennett quickly worked up the case, including obtaining medical support from our client’s treating surgeons, producing a “day in the life” video, and other lifecare plans to force the insurance companies to resolve it for all of the insurance funds available. Jim and Scott got this settlement completed in less than six months, a record time period and amount.
Achieving record setting verdicts & settlements for over 60 years.
Over $2 billion awarded on behalf of our injured clients.
Listed in Best Law Firms and recognized by Best Lawyers in America.
Free case evaluations and contingent fees available.