Car Accident Lawyers In Philadelphia
Trusted Advocates for Auto Accidents in Pennsylvania Since 1958
Every year, close to 4 million people in America suffer serious injuries in motor vehicle accidents and more than 50,000 people are killed each year in car crashes. The majority of these accidents are due to driver negligence. Call to get in touch with a member of our firm after your accident. We can review your case for free! For over 60 years, The Beasley Firm has helped victims of serious automobile accidents recover the full compensation they justly deserve. Our recent recoveries include $6.6 million for a young man paralyzed in a rollover, $3.5 million for a young woman killed on the interstate by a tractor-trailer driven too fast in a snowstorm by an exhausted driver, and a $1 million verdict for an individual rear-ended by a commercial driver.
You Need A Professional In Your Corner
Insurance adjusters deal with accident claims day in and day out. Though they are trained to be courteous to clients and claimants and may even take a personal interest in your health, it is ultimately their job to try to reduce the settlement you receive. Like any for-profit business, insurers exist to make money, not to make sure you’re taken care of.
This means most car accident victims are at a disadvantage when it comes to negotiating a settlement. While you’ve probably never dealt with this situation before, the person at the other end of the phone does it all the time. Retaining an experienced attorney to handle your claim is a concrete step you can take to improve your chances. Our attorneys know how the claims process is supposed to go, and we know the techniques that work when negotiating with insurers. If you or a loved one has been seriously injured, you likely can’t afford to not get the settlement you need. Having a skilled attorney on your side can make all the difference.
How We Can Help Car Accident Victims
The Beasley Firm has recovered more than $2 billion in verdicts and settlements for the victims of serious injuries including amputations, loss of eyesight and hearing, brain damage, spinal cord injury, paraplegia, and much more. We've handled a broad range of car accident cases, from rollovers to airbag failures to highway defects to tire separations.
Not only can we take on complex cases like those listed above, but we’re also known for providing quality representation to our clients. Our attorneys start each case with a thorough investigation of the accident, reviewing all potentially liable parties and causes of action with our experienced team. We bring together safety experts, accident reconstruction specialists, forensic witnesses, medical and life care experts, and even biomechanical engineers to ensure we craft the strongest case possible for every client.
What Should I Do After an Accident?
There are certain things you can do after a collision to help protect your right to compensation—and there are also things you should avoid lest you jeopardize it. Here’s a brief overview of the dos and don’ts after an accident:
- Don't Apologize - No matter the situation, you should never say you are sorry after a crash. The other party’s insurance will claim this is an admission of guilt and use it against you when you try to obtain compensation.
- Get the Other Party’s Information – You can’t file a claim unless you know who you’re filing it against. You can simply take photos of the other driver’s license, insurance card, and registration to make sure you have everything you need.
- Make Sure the Authorities Are Involved – Calling a police officer to the scene is the first step in getting an unbiased accident report that includes the names of everyone involved and witness statements. This can be an important piece of evidence in your claim.
- Take Photos of the Scene and Vehicles – Photos can be important evidence. After the crash, get pictures of the damage and the crash scene. Accident reconstruction specialists can use details in these photos to demonstrate who was at fault.
- Document Your Injuries – If possible, you should take pictures of your injuries to show their location and severity. Additionally, write down everything your doctor tells you and keep a log of your symptoms, so you have records to show the other party’s insurance.
- Seek Medical Attention – Even if you feel fine after a crash, that could be due to the adrenaline your body is producing, which boosts your reflexes but dulls pain. Some injuries may not manifest for days or even a week after the collision occurs. It’s important to have a professional evaluate your health and create an official medical record after an accident.
- Talk to Your Insurer, but Not the Other Party’s – You should report the accident to your insurance provider, but aside from that, retain an attorney to deal with communications and negotiations. The other party’s insurance adjuster will try to maneuver you into admitting partial guilt. Additionally, you may be asked to transfer the car’s title to an insurer if your vehicle has been totaled. If you do this, you could lose an important piece of evidence regarding vehicle defects.
- Call an Experienced Car Accident Lawyer – Our team has helped many accident victims understand their rights and maximize their compensation after serious car crashes. If you’ve been injured, you may be facing high medical bills, missed work, inability to meet obligations, and other losses. Let us help you ask for a fair settlement to help you get back on your feet.
After a car accident, having the right lawyer is incredibly important. The Beasley Firm has a team that is committed, skilled, and experienced. In fact, many other community firms refer car accident cases to us because they know we fight to make sure our clients' legal rights are protected and maximum compensation is recovered. Not every team has the resources or dedication to invest the significant time some cases need. As a longstanding leader in personal injury law, our firm can provide the help you need.
We’re Ready To Start Your Claim
After an auto collision, swift action is needed to preserve evidence. We advise you to contact an attorney as soon as you are able to make sure no important data is lost. Sometimes, accident cases can be incredibly complex, and specific and detailed evidence may be essential to success. Our attorneys are ready to speak with you today to let you know the next steps in filing a claim.
We have recovered over $2 billion for the victims of auto accidents and their families, and along the way, we’ve helped clients receive record-breaking verdicts and settlements. If you want a team that will put in the effort and pursue every avenue for compensation, reach out to us today.
Attorneys Jim Beasley Jr. and Scott Bennett quickly worked up the case, including obtaining medical support from our client’s treating surgeons, producing a “day in the life” video, and other lifecare plans to force the insurance companies to resolve it for all of the insurance funds available.
Achieving record setting verdicts & settlements for over 60 years.
Over $2 billion awarded on behalf of our injured clients.
Listed in Best Law Firms and recognized by Best Lawyers in America.
Free case evaluations and contingent fees available.