Since 1958, The Beasley Firm has stood up for the rights of patients and consumers, and we bring that same tradition of advocacy to our pharmaceutical litigation practice. Prescription drugs are a multi-billion-dollar business, with companies around the world fiercely competing for the United States drug consumer market. Unfortunately, too many of these pharmaceuticals companies put profits over safety, and sell medications that aren’t properly tested or don’t warn consumers of the real risks of the drug.
Pharmaceutical Company Breach of Trust
Though drug manufacturers must follow strict FDA regulations to ensure public health and safety, the health and well-being of consumers and patients are not always the goal of profiting pharmaceutical companies. Companies can increase their profits by rushing through production or conducting only minimal product safety tests, which may not expose all or any potential dangerous side effects of the drug. The pharmaceutical company may even knowingly hide certain dangerous side-effects to obtain FDA approval and to encourage sales.
When potentially contaminated or dangerous medications are prematurely placed on the public market for profits, or when those medications don’t warn consumers of the real risks of taking the drugs, it threatens the health, well-being and lives of patients and consumers. Our nationally recognized pharmaceutical error attorneys at The Beasley Firm have successfully fought for individuals who have sustained illness or injury because of dangerous drugs. We have successfully obtained dozens of six, seven, and even eight figure settlements and verdicts on behalf of injured clients.
Causes of Pharmaceutical Litigation
Any person, business, industry, or other organization that holds profits over the well-being of consumers should be held liable for the injuries, illnesses and wrongful deaths that they cause. Unfortunately, the U.S. Food and Drug Administration’s (FDA) post-market safety trials and recalls often come too late, and are often stymied by the tremendous political influence that drug companies have. Every year, tens of thousands of people suffer life-altering illness and/or injury, sometimes death, as the result of dangerous and/or unlabeled side-effects, false advertising or misrepresentation of the drug, drug labeling errors, drug contamination, and the failure to warn of dangerous side-effects or improper usage.
Holding Pharmaceutical Companies Responsible
The effects of a pharmaceutical company’s negligent and/or deceptive actions can potentially cause catastrophic injury, disability and, ultimately, death, as well as undue financial and emotional hardships, for the victim and their family. If you or a loved one has sustained an illness or injury, or if a loved one was killed, as the result of pharmaceutical company negligence, you and your family may be entitled to compensation for the losses and damages you’ve suffered. The dedicated drug injury side effect lawyers of The Beasley Firm can help you understand your legal rights and options. Please use our contact form or call 1-(888) 823-5291 today to learn more about how our attorneys can help you.
We review defective drug claims of all types. At the moment, we are focused on drug claims involving:
- Actos, a diabetes control medication which studies have shown increases the risk of patients developing bladder cancer.
- Byetta, Januvia & Victoza, diabetes control medications that increase the risk of pancreatitis and pancreatic cancer.
- Pradaxa, an anticoagulant that is far more powerful and likely to cause excessive bleeding than has been advertised.
- Lexapro, Paxil and Zoloft, SSRI antidepressants shown to increase the frequency of birth defects when taken by pregnant women.
- Mirena, an intrauterine contraceptive that can “migrate” from its placement, perforating tissues and organs and requiring surgery to remove.
- NuvaRing, a vaginally-inserted hormonal contraceptive that does not disclose to women the true risks of blood clot injuries, which are higher than for birth control pills.
- Propecia, a treatment for male balding shown to induce persistent erectile dysfunction and other sexual side effects.
- Yaz, Yasmin and Ocella, hormonal birth control medications shown to increase the risk of blood clots and DVT.
You may also like:
- NuvaRing: Will Merck Allow Independent Review Of Blood Clot Clinical…
- Actos Users In Kentucky, Louisiana, and Tennessee Who Developed Bladder…
- Zoloft During Pregnancy Lawsuits Consolidated in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania Federal Court
- Whistleblower Lawsuit Claims Takeda Hid Congestive Heart Failure Risk Of…