Jim Beasley Jr. is the managing member of The Beasley Firm, assuming that role after his mentor and father, Jim Beasley, Sr., passed away in 2004. Since that time, Jim has shaped the Firm to best meet the changing requirements and increasing demands that the new millennium has placed on law firms. As of 2014, the Firm is as strong, tight and focused as it has ever been, focused on the litigation and trial of the toughest civil lawsuits. Under Jim’s direction, The Beasley Firm continues to be the go-to destination for all aggrieved people, including lawyers, judges, and even physicians, pursuing libel, business tort or professional malpractice claims.
Jim’s results exceed $200 million in awards for his clients, in a variety of complex matters. Thus far in his career, Jim has been voted as one of the Best Lawyers in America, a top 100 Pennsylvania Super Lawyer since 2006, and one of the top 75 plaintiffs’ attorneys in the United States. He carries a 10 rating with Avvo, and is one of the diminishing numbers of attorneys that would rather be on trial than pushing paper.
After graduating from Temple University with a major in the Honors molecular biology program, and a minor in history, Jim went to the University of Pennsylvania to study medicine, and in particular molecular genetics. However, growing up as the son of Jim Beasley, Sr. caused him to refocus his career, and to that end he received his law degree from the University of Pennsylvania, in addition to the medical degree he received from PENN. Jim has a third graduate degree — a Masters in Trial Advocacy — graduating first in his class, with Honors, from the Temple University Beasley School of Law. He is a Fellow of the American College of Legal Medicine, and frequently lectures on complex civil litigation.
Jim makes sure that the Firm continues to contribute to the community. To that end, Jim frequently has a number of pro bono clients, and in 2009 was an award winner for the Philadelphia Volunteer for the Indigent Program. The Firm also sponsors the Temple University Beasley School of Law’s LEAP (Law, Education and Planning) program, which has high school students participate in “mock trial” programs across the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania. This program has helped focus many local high school students to attend college, and gives many their first introduction into the Law.
Jim is also an accomplished stunt pilot, with commercial and multi-engine instrument ratings, and is one of the few pilots in the world qualified to operate high performance World War II fighter aircraft, such as the North American P-51 Mustang and the immortal Supermarine Spitfire. He is one of a dozen civilian pilots chosen by the U.S. Air Force to fly these classic fighters alongside today’s operational fighters at air shows around the world. Each summer you can watch Jim as one of the featured performers at Atlantic City Air Show — “Thunder Over the Boardwalk” – flying his P-51 Mustang over a record crowd of 700,000 spectators.
JAMES E. BEASLEY, JR., M.D., J.D., LL.M., FCLM
The Beasley Firm, LLC
1125 Walnut Street
Philadelphia, PA 19107
Toll Free: (888) 823-5291
March 18, 1967
- The Hun School of Princeton, Princeton, NJ, 1986
- Temple University; B.S. in Biology (with honors) with emphasis in molecular biology; minor in History, 1990
- University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine; M.D., 1994
- University of Pennsylvania Law School; J.D., 1997
- Temple University Beasley School of Law; LL.M. in Trial Advocacy (with honors), 2003
- Fellow, American College of Legal Medicine
- “Best Lawyers in America”
- Member, Million Dollar Advocates Forum
- Pennsylvania “Superlawyer” award each year since 2004, top 100 Pennsylvania attorney 2006 to 2013
- Voted by AMLAW as one of the Nation’s top 74 plaintiffs’ lawyers
- AVVO “10” rating
- Pennsylvania, 1999; Supreme Court ID #83282
- Western District of Pennsylvania, 1999
- Eastern District of Pennsylvania, 2001
- United States Supreme Court, 2006
- Federal Court of Claims, 2006
- Court of Appeals for 3rd Circuit, 2006
- Middle District of Pennsylvania, 2008
Managing Member, The Beasley Firm, LLC, emphasis on all forms of civil litigation and complex civil trial work
Commercial, multi-engine instrument certification; designated check pilot for advanced fighter aircraft formation flight skills; member, United States Air Force Heritage Flight program.
Experimental flight authorization for the North American P-51, Grumman F8F Bearcat, Chance-Vought F4U, and Supermarine Spitfire series aircraft.
- October 2003, American Board of Professional Liability Attorneys – “Medicine and Law at the Crossroads Perspectives on Two Changing Profession”
- October 2003 Philadelphia Trial Lawyers Association – “Demonstrative Evidence”
- October 2003 Expert Seminar to Pennsylvania Trial Lawyers
- March 2004 “Electronic Case Management and Trial Presentation”
- November 2004 “Latest Technology in the Courtroom”
- May 2005 Philadelphia Trial Lawyers Association – Medical Malpractice
- May 2005 Pennsylvania Trial Lawyers – “Medical Malpractice Litigation – Strategic Decisions”
- December 2005 “Technology for Trial Lawyers”
- September 2006 State Bench Bar Conference, Phila Bar Association
- November 2006 Grand Rounds, Hahnemann – Liability Issues
- December 2006 PA Trial Lawyers – “What’s Its Worth”
- January 2009 Grand Rounds, Hahnemann – “Electronic Medical Records”
- January 2009, Guest Lecturer, Drexel Law School – “The Tort System and Patient Safety”
- April 2010, American College of Emergency Physicians, Pennsylvania Chapter, “Medical Malpractice and Mock Trial.”
- April, 2010, New Jersey Association for Justice Boardwalk Seminar
- July 2010, Personal Injury 2010: Jury Connections, “Juror Note Taking.”
- October 2010, Guest Lecturer, Drexel Law School – “The Tort System and Patient Safety; an oxymoron?”
Elsewhere online, see Jim’s Google Plus page.