Heidi G. Villari
Philadelphia Wrongful Death & Injury Attorney
Heidi Villari was born and raised in Philadelphia as one of six siblings. Today, Heidi is proud to live in Philadelphia with her son, Matteo. She joined The Beasley Firm in December 2012 after a decade of advocating for the "other side." Heidi brings both her skills as a trial attorney and a negotiator to the firm, including extensive experience as a defense attorney handling the other side of the catastrophic injury and wrongful death cases that The Beasley Firm handles for plaintiffs. She is a seasoned and talented trial attorney who has practiced law for nearly 20 years. Since joining The Beasley Firm, Heidi has shown just how skilled and passionate she is as a plaintiff's lawyer and has obtained over $20 million in awards for clients.
Due to her defense background, Heidi has an unparalleled ability to accurately gauge the value of a case. She knows what her client should get for his or her injuries, but also-and equally important-she knows how her opponents think. The strategies that opponents use before and during trial are no secret to Heidi. Her knowledge from the defense side is a great advantage to her clients and to The Beasley Firm. Heidi knows how to build a case in the way that's most compelling-and worrying-to the insurance company. If they don't settle, then Heidi knows how to try the case in front of a jury.
Legal Education & Background
Heidi obtained a Bachelor of Arts in English from Villanova University. She attended law school at Widener University School of Law, where her trial advocacy skills earned her a place into the Moe Levine Honor Society. After graduating law school, Heidi joined a well-regarded insurance defense firm, practicing law in Pennsylvania and New Jersey. Through hard work, perseverance, and undeniable results, Heidi became the then-first female partner in that firm's 25-year history.
Heidi is licensed to practice in state and federal courts in Pennsylvania and New Jersey. She is a member of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania Bar Association, The Pennsylvania Association of Justice, the Justinian Society and the Philadelphia Bar Association. She serves as a member of the Philadelphia Bar Association's Committee for the Women in Profession, State Civil Litigation Committee, and the Compulsory Arbitration Committee.
Heidi teaches Continuing Education Courses to other Lawyers ranging in a variety of legal fields and subject matters. Heidi also serves as a Judge Pro Tempore for Philadelphia County, where she is highly regarded by the Philadelphia community for her ability to drive a fair settlement where all parties benefit. If not working, Heidi spends time with her son, Matteo, and gym-hops so that she stays in great shape while on her feet in the Courtroom.
Some of Heidi's recent awards and settlements include:
- A confidential eight figure global settlement on behalf of deceased and injured minors in a catastrophic dump truck accident
- $8,000,000 verdict for a passenger involved in a helicopter crash
- A confidential seven-figure settlement for a woman who died as a result of failure to diagnose uveal melanoma
- $2,000,000 settlement on behalf of a deceased infant and her parents from an alleged negligent Labor and Delivery
- $1,000,000 settlement on behalf of a client who was prescribed a medication off-label, without proper follow-up care
- $1,000,000 settlement due to a surgical error resulting in death of a 74-year-old
- $750,000 settlement due to alleged medication errors, resulting in severe injuries
- $715,000 settlement due misreading of a subdural hematoma in the brain
- $700,000 settlement due to negligent diagnosis and treatment, resulting in death
- $675,000 settlement due to injuries sustained from a vascular surgical error
- $550,000 settlement due to injuries sustained from a colonoscopy and negligent follow-up diagnosis and care